“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.” Hebrews 12:1
Spring has finally come! It's the season of the Resurrection, a time of rebirth and new birth. It's time to "strip off every weight that slows us down." We realize this “race” will not be a sprint. We must dig down deep and “run with endurance” this race to end abortion. The good news is that we are indeed “surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses.” The pro-life community is growing! Get connected to others like yourself. Make a resolution to do just one extra action for the pro-life cause this coming month.
-If you haven't gone to a banquet, conference, or other pro-life event lately, maybe this is your season. There are so many opportunities, including this Saturday's annual National Day of Prayer and Protest Against Planned Parenthood, sponsored by the Pro-Life Action League. Also, many banquets in May. (See events below).
- Take that leap of faith and talk to a friend about abortion.
- Send an email or make a phone call to support life-giving legislation or oppose laws hostile to life (like the deceitful ERA that just recently passed in the IL Senate. Read about it here and contact your representative immediately to urge him/her to vote NO.).
- Spiritually adopt a baby in a crisis pregnancy and pray every day for his or her safety.
- Take part in one of NorthWest Families for Life's weekly prayer vigils at the clinic in Wood Dale or join another vigil near you (listed below).
Whatever you do in this endeavor that God has set before you, know that we are all running alongside you (and we'll happily provide nourishment for the journey!)
News from vigils in Wood Dale:
** During the months of February and March, we estimate that 120 babies were killed while in their mother's wombs at Advantage Health Care in Wood Dale.
- One of the fathers sat in his car and wept while his child was being killed inside. He told a sidewalk counselors that they have 3 kids at home. The counselor even offered to adopt his child. He would not listen to any of our pleas or offers of help. Pray for his healing and the healing of this whole family. Abortion greatly affects men as well as women. If you know a man or woman hurt form abortion, let them know that they are not alone and there is hope and healing. Here is one site specifically for men. And here is one for women.
** However, 4 women chose LIFE in those two months!
- One couple pulled into the lot and sat arguing in the car for awhile. Then they just left!
- Three others left before the abortionist, Dr. Vinod Goyal, showed up.
** We continue to reach out with compassion and God's love to all of the employees at the clinic. The nurses often come out to have a smoke just after the abortions are done, while the women are in recovery. Recently, I called out to two of them with information about Abby Johnson's group www.abortionworker.com. The older woman, whom I've interacted with before, responded, "Mind your own business." I informed her that this IS my business. Then I let her know that caring about her is part of my business. After brushing me off, she herded the younger employee inside, but not before I told them they were both beautiful daughters of God. Please pray their hearts will be touched.
** With the warmer weather, it's easy to come out to vigil for an hour! Let us know when we can meet you out there at the foot of the cross. Laura: 847-651-4877. Maria: NWFL526@gmail.com
Pray for These Abortion Employees
Our vigil update writer: