And he ordered the people, “Proceed and surround the city, with the picked troops marching ahead of the ark of the Lord.” (Joshua 6:7)
NorthWest Families for Life is sponsoring our 3rd Jericho March
Sunday, August 23, 2:30 - 3:30 pm
Advantage Health Care Clinic
203 E. Irving Park Rd.
Wood Dale, IL
There is great power in this. In April of 2011, a group of about 100 people of all faiths united for the closing ceremony of 40 Days for Life at Dr. Goyal’s “Dimensions” abortion facility. We took part in a Jericho March around the building praying, singing, and reading Scripture. By December of that same year, Dimensions closed its doors FOREVER! In May of 2013, another group of about 100 joined in a Jericho March at Forest View abortion mill in Des Plaines. By April of 2014, it was shut down. God is good! Now we feel called to implore God's mercy once again to protect babies, women and families from the violence of abortion in Wood Dale. We hope you will join us.
Do you play the trumpet? We’d love to blow some horns like they did in Joshua’s time. Contact Laura: 847-651-4877
Never heard of a Jericho March before or wondered why it is done? Here are some answers from "Praise Jesus":
1. What is the Jericho March?
- The Jericho March is one strategy of intercessory prayer from the Holy Spirit. It takes its name and inspiration from the Old Testament story of Joshua at Jericho (Joshua 1 to 6). This entire intercession pattern, including the prayer march around the city of Jericho had powerful spiritual and natural consequences. The obedience of Joshua to the Lord’s directions opened the way for God Himself to intervene and bring forth the victory He desired at that moment of history and in the future.
Today, we can pray in the Jericho March and thus open the way for God to directly intervene
and bring forth the victory of Jesus in our situation.
2. What Happens Spiritually During The Jericho March?
- In our lives, we are continually surrounded and bombarded by a spiritual atmosphere of
the world and the flesh and the devil. As a result, it is often difficult for people to be and
do good. When we pray in the Jericho March, we are spiritually cutting off these dark
clouds of evil that surround the people or places for whom we pray. At the same time, our
prayer replaces the dark spiritual clouds with the Presence of Jesus and the bright Divine
Cloud of all His Love and graces, mercy and blessings. We set our people and places
apart unto God, so He can then work very directly in their lives. And we surround them
with a Divine Shield, thus building a kind of spiritual wall or container around them in
which to catch God’s Glory. In this way, we are opening the window to heaven above
them and their lives and their places so the Lord can pour out His Mercy and blessings
and miracles upon them.
Adopt a Church to Deliver a Powerful Pro-Life Message to Pastors
Have you been looking for a way to encourage your pastor in pro-life efforts? There is a grassroots campaign to get this book into every pastor's hand: Deliver Us from Abortion: Awakening the Church to End the Killing of America's Children. I was approached by a lovely young woman, Jessica, who is making this her mission. She has already delivered the book to 475 pastors in churches of all faiths in Illinois (mostly hand-delivered!). She asked if I would please invite every person to "adopt a church." All you need to do is donate just $13 to send a copy of this book to a pastor. Jessica will do the rest: the packaging, locating churches and names, printing letters, finding volunteers to deliver or delivering herself! You can read more about the campaign and Jessica's personal story of post-abortive healing here: www.deliverusfromabortion.com/grassroots. You can make a secure donation here: https://donate.onlineforlife.org/events/grassroots-illinois/e51088 If each of us gives just $13, we'll have every church in Dupage county covered (where Dr. Goyal operates his last 3 suburban clinics). Let's do it!
News from vigils in Wood Dale:
** In July, we estimate that 79 babies were killed while their mothers did nothing to protect them.
** On one of the days, we met two different men who both claimed to be atheists. Perhaps they only said this to deter us from talking to them. Of course, it didn't work because you don't have to believe in God to be pro-life. Science has enough proof! In fact there are pro-life groups for atheists and agnostics. One is Pro-life Humanists (www.prolifehumanist.org). Another is Secular Pro-Life, www.secularprolife.org.
** There may have been a save one day. A young woman, Maria, came with her friend Geeja who is pregnant and "had questions." Although Geeja didn't speak English, I was able to give her Spanish brochures and encourage her, through Maria, that she can do it with God's help. They left without having an abortion that day and we pray they will grow in courage and faith in the Lord's plan for Geeja.
** A man named Juan drove his cousin, Cedilla, for an abortion. Juan told us he is Catholic and told her not to do it. Yet, there he was driving her. This is actually more common than you may think. People think they are being a good friend by driving, without realizing that they are now accomplices to murder. Would they drive the getaway car in a bank robbery?
** We believe another couple chose life on a Tuesday. The couple sat in their car for about 20 minutes talking and looking at the prayer warriors signs of a crying baby saying "Help!" Maybe that, with the power of prayer, was the sign from God they needed to turn away from killing. They left, but would not stop to talk.
** One way that we feel especially blessed is in our ministry to the post-abortive women. Last Tuesday, we were able to give a Project Rachel brochure to 3 of the 4 women who had abortions that day. Again, one of those Project Rachels was given to a friend who says she pro-life yet still brought her friend to kill her child.
** The weather is beautiful for outdoor prayer! Join us any Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday for any length of time between 6:30 am - 11:00 am. Your presence makes a difference to the women, to the men, to those who pass by. Call or email us for more info: Laura 847-651-4877 or Maria email@example.com
Pray for These Abortion Employees
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of Wood Dale and 3 other suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- Eugene: Orderly/POC. We believe POC stands for “Product of Conception,” which is how abortion clinics refer to babies. This job may require him to reassemble the aborted babies’ precious bodies to make sure no parts were left inside the mother.
- Marcelino and Omar: drivers of the "Medical Waste" truck that comes to the clinic every Tuesday morning.
* Starred have a copy of the Abby Johnson letter to clinic workers. You can print a copy of it here: www.attwn.org/wp-content/themes/attwn-child/images/attwn-onepage-lightbackground.pdf.
Our vigil update writer: