"Glory in his holy name; rejoice, O hearts that seek the Lord!" 1 Chronicles 16:10
- During 2017 at our 3 times-a-week prayer vigils on the sidewalk outside Advantage Healthcare in Wood Dale, Illinois, God granted us front-row seats to marvel at the work of His mighty hand in SAVING 34 CHILDREN FROM ABORTION.
- Most recently, in December there was a couple who parked in the lot and argued for 30 minutes. The woman finally got out and walked to the door of the clinic but the man refused to follow. She returned to the car yelling at him, but he would not budge. They left together, never entering the clinic. Praise God for this strong man who saved his child's life simply by refusing to get out of the car! I can't help but believe that it was the prayer of those of us gathered on the sidewalk that strengthened him in his resolve as he saw us in the cold for love of him and his family.
- In November, Thomas and Andresia came for an abortion but during a conversation with one of our sidewalk counselors, Andresia began to cry and told him that she "knew it (abortion) was evil." They decided to keep the baby! Praise God for this young couple from Ghana, Africa.
- Another cold day in November, a young Asian couple came out long before Dr. Goyal arrived. Terry was able to talk to them and gave them a handful of helpful literature. They confirmed that they would give their child life and the husband made the sign of the cross. The abortion clinic escort saw this and tried relentlessly to stop Terry, but he persevered and was blessed to witness this save. Read more about Terry below.
** The Tragic News**
"Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4
- During this same year, a staggering 849 babies lost their lives to abortion at Advantage Healthcare in Wood Dale. And this is only at one abortion clinic in one state. To put this in perspective, consider these facts:
- The average number of students in each elementary school in Illinois is about 400. This means that the equivalent of 2 entire elementary schools full of children was destroyed in Wood Dale this past year.
- Harvard graduated about 1600 students last May. The loss of life is more than half of these bright young graduates with their futures ahead of them. Yet, these 849 children will never have a college graduation.
- Finally, imagine life without your best friend, spouse, or sibling. Because the fact is - each one of these babies who died at Wood Dale was a unique, unrepeatable instance of God's creative love. They could have been someone's best friend, spouse, or sibling, but were not allowed the chance. Whether or not they could have graduated from Harvard, they were a child of God. These were our brothers and sisters in Christ. Yes, each life matters to you and me. This is why we continue to remember them. They have no families to mourn them. We will be their families.
Please consider joining us this month at one of the events below to come together as a family.
If you feel called, join us at a prayer vigil at an abortion clinic to prevent more lives from being lost this new year.
Thank you for all of your prayer and support in 2017.
Laura and Maria
** There is a sidewalk counselor who has been part of NorthWest Families for Life before we were even officially an organization! Terry used to stand with us at the 1640 Arlington Heights Rd. building where Dr. Goyal has a satellite office that refers to his abortion mills. That was over 8 years ago. Now he shows up to all three days of our vigil, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and even some Wednesdays in Glen Ellyn. Often arriving before 6:00 am because couples begin to arrive at 5:45 or earlier. Can you please say a prayer for this pro-life warrior? We are grateful to him and wanted to take this opportunity to ask God to bless him and keep him.
** Are you feeling called to join a prayer vigil at a clinic but nervous to take that first step? Please email or call us. We were once just like you! We would love to offer information, advice, and support. Maria: NWFL526@gmail.com or Laura: 847-651-4877.
Pray for These Abortion Employees by Name
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of 3 suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- Eugene: Orderly/POC. We believe POC stands for “Product of Conception,” which is how abortion clinics refer to babies. This job may require him to reassemble the aborted babies’ precious bodies to make sure no parts were left inside the mother.