"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end." (Isaiah 9:6-7)
This time of preparing to celebrate the birth of Jesus can be a time of great stress for many of us. I don't know if there is any way to avoid the stress altogether but I hope that meditating for a few minutes on the image of Jesus as "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace" will give you a little respite. Recognize that: God is a counselor - Go to him for advice. God is mighty - There's nothing He can't do. God is your Father - He loves you personally more than you can believe. God brings peace - Just ask and allow it to sink into your soul. Wishing you a blessed Advent and Merry Christmas! Laura and Maria
Happy Birthday, Jocelyn!
On November 4, Elsa (a woman who chose life in Wood Dale last March) gave birth to a beautiful baby girl! Both mom and baby are doing well. We praise God for the gift of this precious life and pray that Elsa continues to trust in God raising her 4 children.
News from vigils in Wood Dale:
** In November, we estimate that 66 children were killed at Advantage Health Care in Wood Dale.
** Here are the stories of some of these children.
- Jacob's child lost her life because Jacob felt like he "can't be a good father." He spent a long time trying to justify her murder by explaining that he was a drug addict and has been in and out of rehab 3 times already. His girlfriend is also on drugs. When we brought up adoption, he became defensive and said he was worried about the type of people who would adopt his baby. Through it all, you could see the pain on this young man's face. Please pray for him and his girlfriend to break free from the chains of addiction and seek healing from this abortion.
- Mike's son was loved up until death by his father. Mike, a mid-20's black man, tried to save his child by refusing to drive his girlfriend Liz to the clinic. When she left without him, he took a taxi to the clinic to talk her out of killing their only child. Sadly, Liz could not be convinced.
- Another precious child died while her father wept for her outside in his car. This Hispanic man did not speak English but he sobbed harder than we have ever seen over the loss of his baby. We gave him material in Spanish, including Project Rachel information so he can receive healing too.
** However, there were also 5 babies' lives saved in November!
- One child will be born to a couple who were helped to change their mind when they saw a picture of a baby saved at a clinic by sidewalk counselors years ago. They left smiling and, with God's help, one day their baby will be smiling back at them!
- Another child's mother fought to protect her from death. A young Asian women frantically exited the clinic alone but was soon followed by an Illinois "Choice" Escort (These escorts stand in the clinic parking lot on Thursdays to usher women into the clinic and talk to them the whole time to drown out our pleas to help). The young woman dashed away to the sidewalk where one of our counselors joined her to give her information about the truth about abortion and the life-affirming alternatives. The girl continued to walk around the block with the escort and counselor following. She did not want to talk to either escort or counselor but finally decided to take off running away from the clinic. She did not return! We pray she stayed strong in her determination to keep her child safe.
- THREE children were saved on the Saturday of the huge snowstorm. Yes, there were faithful prayer warriors out their sacrificing the warmth of their homes to stand in the gap between life and death for these babies. And God blessed their faithfulness with 3 women who chose life. It's amazing how obedience to God, especially in difficult times, reaps great rewards!
** Another blessing happened this month when an employee told us she was quitting. Turn-over is huge at the clinic in Wood Dale. Many of the employees we see these days were not here in September and many of those seen in September are gone (We pray to better jobs!).
** For the last few weeks, every Tuesday an ultrasound technician comes to Wood Dale for about an hour and then leaves. She stopped to talk to us. Her name is Rachel and she is against abortion. However, she fails to see that by performing ultrasounds on women before their abortion, she is an accomplice to the murder of that child. Please pray for her to leave this clinic, but also pray that while she is in the clinic God may use her to show women and the employees the humanity of each unborn child.
** Is God calling you to stand in prayer at a clinic to witness to the humanity of these children? No sidewalk counseling experience needed. All you need to do is show up and pray any Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday from 7:00 am - 11:00 am and let God do the rest. Call or email us for more info: Laura 847-651-4877 or Maria email@example.com
Pray for These Abortion Employees
Our vigil update writer: