NorthWest Families for Life: Year in Review
** The Blessed News**
"Glory in his holy name; rejoice, O hearts that seek the Lord!" 1 Chronicles 16:10
- During 2018 at our 3 times-a-week prayer vigils on the sidewalk outside Advantage Healthcare in Wood Dale, Illinois, God granted us front-row seats to marvel at the work of His mighty hand in SAVING 41 CHILDREN FROM ABORTION.
- This is more saves than in 2017 (34 saves) and there were also fewer abortions in Wood Dale this year compared to last (849 lives lost). For those of you interested in statistics, this year our "save rate" was 5% of those who came for an abortion. That may seem like a very low "success" rate, but life isn't measured in statistics. It is measured by the good done and for those 41 families, we pray the good Lord blesses them immeasurably for choosing LIFE!
** The Tragic News**
"Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4
- During this same year, a staggering 755 babies lost their lives to abortion at Advantage Healthcare in Wood Dale. And this is only at one abortion clinic in one state.
- To put this in perspective, that is the entire population of Watson, IL just south of Decatur. Can you imagine if a whole town of people suddenly died?
Although the statistics tell a story, they do not tell the whole story. We must never forget the very personal side of abortion. Each one of those children has left behind a wounded woman and man, the child's mother and father. Please spread the word about programs like Project Rachel. You never know who needs healing. Post this link to Project Rachel on your Facebook page.
** As we mentioned in the December update, there are many changes happening at the clinic in Wood Dale. Dr. Goyal is seeking to retire and has brought in a young new abortionist, Kimberly Remski. This time of transition is the perfect time to ramp up our efforts.
- Laura and I are looking for a few passionate pro-lifers to join us in a leadership role in NorthWest Families for Life. Maybe we're looking for YOU! Even if you're not sure if a leadership role is for you, please join us at a Strategy Meeting this Monday, Jan. 21, 7:00 pm, St. Isidore Parish, Fr. John Guiney Room (427 W. Army Trail Rd, Bloomingdale). We will provide an overview of what it's like to counsel at Wood Dale. Check the agenda and different coordinator positions here and see if God is calling you to take on a bigger role this year in shutting down Wood Dale abortion mill. All jobs can be done from home!
Thank you for all of your prayer and support in 2018.
Laura and Maria
** Are you feeling called to join a prayer vigil at a clinic but nervous to take that first step? Please email or call us. We were once just like you! We would love to offer information, advice, and support. Maria: NWFL526@gmail.com or Laura: 847-651-4877.
Pray for These Abortion Employees by Name
Our vigil update writer: