Thank you to each one of you who came out to NorthWest Families March for Life in Palatine a few weeks ago. It was a blessing to unite with over 1000 of you to bring the message "Let Every Life Shine" to the streets. And shine we did! A 16 year old girl who happened to be passing by as we marched noticed 3 things: 1. She knew right away why we were marching, so all of those beautiful signs, whether handmade or printed, spoke loud and clear. 2. She was amazed at how many people were there. So if you were wondering if it mattered whether or not you showed up, let me assure you that each person, from those in wheelchairs to the babies in arms, made an impact on the passers-by. 3. Finally, she remarked at how happy everyone looked! The Scripture above speaks to that joy. With God's Lovingkindness and truth walking before us, we walked with the light of God shining through us. You often hear about Christian joy. That is exactly what we showed to the public that day. Now Christian joy doesn't mean that you will be happy all the time or never experience struggles and grief. It means that even in the struggles and grief we will not lash out in anger or desperation, but instead let God's Lovingkindness shine through us and "rejoice all the day."
Thank you again to all the participants, volunteers, police, speakers, clergy, musicians, and especially the 8 councils of Knights of Columbus and Ladies Auxiliary who made the reception even better than last year!
- Many of you have asked for a recording of the testimony of the post-abortive man, Paul, who spoke so heartrendingly of the pain from his involvement in abortion. No, abortion is not just "a woman's issue." You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNXuHPqtnR8
- That testimony brought an unexpected blessing for Joe and Ann Scheidler. They listened to Paul talk about how the second time he and his then-girlfriend (now wife) became pregnant, instead of aborting again they saw an ad for pregnancy help and chose life. Joe Scheidler put that ad there! God is so good to show Joe the fruits of his labor almost 40 years later! Proof that nothing you do for God is ever in vain, even if you do not see the results. To read the whole story: http://prolifeaction.org/hotline/2015/unexpected/
- To see a video from the march produced by the talented Chris Iverson of Prevail Prolife: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpn8IbCy3vw
- You can also see tons of photos from the march at our website: www.NorthWestFamiliesforLife.weebly.com
- If you have photos from the march, we'd love to see them! You can post them at our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/NorthWestFamiliesforLife
News from vigils in Wood Dale:
** During the month of January, we estimate that 114 living children were killed at Advantage Health Care in Wood Dale.
** However, it appears that there may have been 3 saves on the last Saturday in December! A woman drove out of the clinic and told the prayer warriors that she was keeping her baby. Another couple came out to their car to talk before the doctor arrived and then left. Finally, just after the abortionist arrived another couple ran out of the clinic and drove off. We pray that all three have put their trust in God and will let Him guide the plan for their child's life.
** Sadly, a father, Hakim, could do nothing to save his child. He spent a long time talking to one of our counselors. Hakim told her that this would be their 4th child and since they just bought a home, they could not afford another child. Laura told him of all the resources available and reminded him that this 4th one is still his child and his responsibility to care for and protect. She suggested adoption as a loving alternative, but Hakim insisted that adoption would be just as bad as abortion. Laura pointed out that in abortion you are giving a child a death sentence. This seemed to move him to tears and he texted his girlfriend, but it was too late. Pray for this entire family who will now suffer the loss of this child.
** On another day, Laura met Connie who came with her husband to bring their daughter (in her 20's) for an abortion. Connie seemed to have a need to talk to our prayer warriors. As it would later be revealed, this was because of her own past abortion experience. Connie came from the Philippines to go to college and make a better life for brothers and sisters, but it was at the expense of her first child's life. Now Connie was trying to explain why she had brought her own daughter to make the same mistake by claiming that life for the child would be too hard without a father. Connie is falling victim to the argument about quality of life. She told Laura that we were judging when in actuality all we do is give facts about fetal development, post-abortive syndrome, and pregnancy resources. Connie could not comprehend that she is the one passing judgment about what the child's life will be like and deciding that the baby should not be allowed to live. She is ignoring that it is not the quality of life but the sanctity of life that makes us human. You can read an interesting article about quality vs. sanctity of life here: www.catholicity.com/commentary/ckennedy/08800.html
** Reminder: NorthWest Families for Life is now facilitating vigils on all 3 of the days of the week that the Wood Dale abortion mill is open - Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 6:30 – 11:00 am. We need YOU to join us now that we are spread among 3 days. Could you come to Wood Dale once a month even for one hour on one of the three days? As we saw at the now-closed Forest View mill, victory is always within reach. Be a part of God’s victory over death in Wood Dale. Call or email us for more info: 847-651-4877 email@example.com
Pray for These Abortion Employees
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of Wood Dale and 3 other suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- Eugene: Orderly/POC. We believe POC stands for “Product of Conception,” which is how abortion clinics refer to babies. This job may require him to reassemble the aborted babies’ precious bodies to make sure no parts were left inside the mother.
- *Jocelyn: works behind the front desk. Started on May 22, 2014.
- Marcelino and Omar: drivers of the "Medical Waste" truck that comes to the clinic every Tuesday morning.
- Amy: works at Hinsdale clinic which is now up for sale. She spoke at length with a sidewalk counselor there. Pray that the building sells, forcing this young woman to find a new, hopefully life-affirming, job.
* Starred have a copy of the Abby Johnson letter. You can print a copy of the letter here: www.attwn.org/wp-content/themes/attwn-child/images/attwn-onepage-lightbackground.pdf.