“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” Psalm 46:1-3
On Wednesday, February 13, two extreme pro-abortion bills were introduced in the Illinois General Assembly. These bills follow suit with other pro-abortion bills that are flooding the country. They are part of a national strategy by the abortion lobby to keep abortion legal in the event that Roe v. Wade is overturned by the US Supreme Court.
If Roe is overturned, abortion again becomes a state decision. This is why these bills are being promoted across the country. They may make us feel like the earth is giving way and the mountains are falling to the sea. But we must not fall with them. We will rise up! This is no time to fear. It is time for action. Below are two opportunities to rise up against these Child Abuse Bills.
First, here's what we know about each one so far:
HB 2485 Reproductive Health Act
- Introduced by Rep. Kelly Cassidy (D), Rep. Chris Welch (D), and Rep. Sara Feigenholtz (D).
- Repeals the Illinois Abortion Law of 1975
- Repeals the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act
- Defines abortion as healthcare, basically overturning virtually every regulation on abortion in the state.
- Mandates abortion coverage in all private healthcare insurances, forcing us to pay for abortions through our own private insurance plans.
HB 2467 Parental Notice Abortion Repeal
- Introduced by Rep. Chris Welch (D)
- Repeals the Parental Notice of Abortion Act of 1995
- This means girls as young as 13 could get abortions without their parents ever knowing about it.
- Makes corresponding changes in the Counties Code, Medical Practice Act of 1987 and the Consent by Minors to Medical Procedures Act.
Our vigil update writer: