“He is your praise and He is your God, who has done these great and awesome things for you which your eyes have seen.” Deuteronomy 10:21
The word “awesome” gets tossed around and overused all the time, but when it comes to God and the truly awesome things He has done, there is no other word that even comes close to describing!
We got confirmation today that Forest View Medical Center is closed – PERMANENTLY! The street sign and the sign on the building were both turned around yesterday, Monday, April 14. Every door sports a bright yellow sign stating, “Forest View Medical Center CLOSED.” When someone called the number on the sign, they were told that indeed Forest View was closed for good. Praise God!
We don’t have all of the information yet, but we do know that God is awesome beyond all knowing. The timing is also awesome - to begin this Holiest of Weeks when we remember how God sent His only Son to suffer and die for us. The closing of this place of death serves as a tangible reminder of Jesus’ victory over death and His unfailing goodness to those who are faithful (even throughout one of the coldest, longest winters on record!). Yes, to God alone be the glory. Let His praises be ever on our lips!
God relied on each of you to be His hands and feet, so there are many people who share in this joyful day:
- If you ever stood with us on a Thursday for vigil, shout for joy.
- If you walked in one of our Marches for Life in Palatine, give thanks!
- If you joined us for our Jericho March where we prayed for the permanent closure of Forest View not quite one year ago on May 4, 2013, blow a trumpet!
- Even if all you did was read our email updates and send up prayers, praise God!
This week we have all have been given a pat on the back from our Father and a surge from the Spirit to keep fighting for LIFE!
So, what now?
- - We will not be at Forest View this Thursday, but we will be there on Friday for the Way of the Cross prayer service. Here’s a map to get there: http://northwestfamiliesforlife.weebly.com/vigil-schedule.html . Parking in the Forest View lot shouldn’t be a problem, but just in case, you can park in the connecting lot in front of the 2720 River Rd. building (white with columns).
- - We will now turn our attention to another one of abortionist Dr. Goyal’s 5 remaining clinics: Advantage in Wood Dale.
- - We are not yet sure if our vigil schedule will stay the same but will keep you posted.
- - One thing that is for sure is that we will not stop until all women are protected and all children are safe in their mothers’ wombs.
Yes, we WILL STILL be hosting a special Way of the Cross prayer service this Good Friday at Forest View. We would love to gather our NorthWest Families for Life family together one last time at Forest View, so please join us! It will be a most special time of remembering the many victims of abortion, while offering thanksgiving that no more women, children, or men will have to suffer there ever again.
Looking for another location for a Good Friday Service?
#4-7 are four of the remaining five of Dr. Goyal’s clinics.
1. Aurora: Planned Parenthood, New York Street and Oakhurst Drive, 10:00 a.m.
2. Chicago: Albany Medical/Surgical Center, 5086 N. Elston Ave, 5:00 p.m. (preceded by the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 4:30 p.m.)
3. Des Plaines: Forest View Medical Center, 2750 S. River Road, 10:00 a.m.
4. Downers Grove: Access Health Center, 1700 75th Street, 10:00 a.m.
5. Glen Ellyn: Aanchor Health Center, 1186 Roosevelt Road, 9:30 a.m.
6. Hinsdale: ACU Health Center, 736 N. York Road, 10:00 a.m.
7. Wood Dale: Advantage Clinic, 203 Irving Park Rd, 9:00 a.m.
For more information and a link to maps: http://prolifeaction.org/hotline/2014/goodfriday2014/#tools
John Jansen of the Pro-Life Action League was kind enough to write a blog post detailing the timeline of our 4-year effort at Forest View here: http://prolifeaction.org/hotline/2014/forestviewclosed/#more-37729 You can also see a picture of the CLOSED sign for yourself!
“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalm 23: 1-4)
In the last update we looked at four of the seven promises held in this well-known Scripture passage. Now let’s see what God offers to us in the last three promises:
5. “He guides me in the paths of righteousness.” At times the world can look like a moral wasteland and following your conscience seems near impossible when compared to the ease of following the crowd. Yet, when we listen to the still, small voice of God, He will not only lead us on the right path, the righteous path, but also give us the strength to follow. We just have to go to Him first in prayer with our decisions, big and small. Instead of following the crowd, let Him lead you in His path which we know always leads to more joy.
6. “I fear no evil, for You are with me.” This is one of my favorite promises, especially when praying outside of the abortion clinics. This promise is made more than 90 times throughout the Bible! God must really want us to get the message that He is always with us, so we do not need to fear! Fear paralyzes. Fear robs you of your joy. Fear is at the root of most abortions. Fear of the unknown. Fear of what others will think or say. Fear that we’re not good enough, strong enough, or have enough money for a baby. When we pray and counsel at a clinic, that fear is one of the first things we need to dispel. Let people know that you understand their fear, but that you are with them, standing there as a visible sign that God is with them too.
7. “Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” This promise had me a little confused at first because thoughts of a rod or staff conjure up images of punishment for me. You know, “Spare the rod, spoil the child”? However, that is not the type of rod our heavenly Father is talking about here. It is the rod and staff of great strength which He holds out to us to grab on to in times of worry, fear, sadness, and despair. He will pull us up and hold us tight in His comforting arms. This last verse brings the whole passage to completion by letting us know that God gives us a share of His great power and can accomplish all things with us – even an end to abortion!
Special Good Friday Vigil at Forest View
Friday, April 18, 10:00 – 11:00 am – Deacon Larry Schumacher will lead the Way of the Cross outside Forest View (2750 S. River Rd, Des Plaines). This is a special service created by the Pro-Life Action League to remember all of the victims of abortion – the women, men, and children. Last year we had a great crowd of over 50 people. Let’s double that this year! You can park in the lot in front of the building with white columns at 2720 S. River Rd. Its parking lot connects to Forest View’s lot. Print out the attached flier to post at your church. Click here for a map: http://northwestfamiliesforlife.weebly.com/forest-view-map.html
Exciting News: Mobile Ultra-Sound coming to Forest View
Valiant Woman, a brand new mobile ultra-sound van will be parked nearby with a counselor and a sonographer inside ready to give women their first glimpse of their child. Please pray for the success of this new endeavor. If you are a sidewalk counselor, we could really use some extra coverage for the 7:00 – 8:00 am hour on Thursday mornings to help get clients to the mobile ultrasound. Let us know. Thank you!
VIGIL OPPORTUNITIES FOR THIS WEEK
Please see attached vigil schedule for days of the week and times when faithful people will be praying outside of Chicago-land abortion facilities. This is the last week of 40 Days for Life. Check the websites for closing rally information: www.40daysforlife.com
News from the last threeThursdays’ Forest View vigils:
** On Thursday, March 20, we estimate that FOUR children were killed at Forest View Medical Center.
** Although none would stop to talk on their way into the clinic, two of the women stopped after their abortions to take a Project Rachel brochure. One was a young girl in her 20’s. She was crying. The other was a black woman in her late 20’s or early 30’s. She seemed very sedated and I worry about her physical health. Despite the pro-abort claim that abortion is safer than childbirth and despite the media’s unwillingness to report on women dying at the clinics, we pro-lifers know that abortion is very dangerous to women. One of the latest known abortion-related injuries occurred in Boston in March at a Planned Parenthood. Read about it here: http://www.lifenews.com/2014/04/07/woman-unresponsive-after-botched-abortion-at-boston-planned-parenthood/ .
**Here is a report from a sidewalk counselor at abortionist Dr. Goyal’s Hinsdale clinic of another woman harmed physically during an abortion: “Tanisha said she had already had an abortion at the Access Health Center in Downers Grove and it was not done right. She said she had been injured and then she showed me a picture of what came out if her. It was a bloody mess of torn up tissue that was her baby. I think she said she was about 14 weeks along at the time of the abortion so the baby was fully formed, but in the picture it was clear they had shredded the baby. So very sad. She looked so wounded and pale. I gave her information about healing after an abortion and legal rights along with the rest of the information. She said she had a lawyer and was thinking of suing them if she didn't get the right answers from them. She had called them to complain and they sent her to this clinic this morning. I told her she needs to go see a legitimate doctor for her health and not to trust anything they tell her. I gave her my number and told her to call me if I could help and that the crisis pregnancy centers would also help her. We don't just care about the baby but the women too, and the men. She seemed angry but so weak that she could barley show it.” Please pray for Tanisha.
** On Thursday, March 27 we estimate that SEVEN women chose to end the life of their own child.
** One woman named Ulzii was at Forest View alone seeking information. She stopped to talk to me after leaving the clinic. She had not yet decided what she would do. Ulzii told me she had no boyfriend and was scared and alone. I told her she was not alone! We are here for her and the Women’s Center would be with her every step of the way. I gave her a brochure about the Women’s Center and then we prayed together. As she was just about to drive off, I got a feeling and shouted out, “It’s a boy!” She smiled as she drove off. Please pray that Ulzii will find the courage and support to give this little boy life.
** On Thursday, April 3, we estimate that FOUR babies died at the hands of “doctor.”
**Some people believe that it’s mostly teens who seek abortions, and that day we did see a father bring his teen daughter for an abortion. However, the other three were a young woman in her 20’s who came alone in a taxi, another woman in her 20’s who came with a man, and a married couple in their 30’s. And this is pretty typical of our Thursday vigils. Abortion is not just a teen – pregnancy issue. In fact, 83% of abortions are for women 20 and over.
Pray for These Forest View Employees
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of Forest View and 4 other suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- Samantha: Was “just answering phones” as a way to make money for culinary school 3 years ago when we first met her. Now she has quit school and appears to be thoroughly invested in the business of abortion. Listed as a “Health Educator.”
- *Carmen: New employee, cashier, Catholic. Has Women's Center and Project Rachel cards to give to women inside the clinic. Pray she will be inspired by the Spirit to hand them out.
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- *Lisette: New employee as a “Health Educator,” sister of Samantha.
* starred have a copy of the Abby Johnson letter. You can print a copy of the letter here: www.attwn.org/wp-content/themes/attwn-child/images/attwn-onepage-lightbackground.pdf.
Our vigil update writer: