We live during a time when there are unprecedented attacks on not only Christian values, but also Christian people themselves. From violent persecution of Christians overseas to aggressive public protests to hateful personal verbal assaults through social media or in our workplaces and schools, we are under attack. At times we may feel like Judas in the Old Testament when the Syrians came to Jerusalem with 20,000 infantry and 2,000 cavalry. Many of Judas' 3000 men, upon seeing the Syrian army, fled in terror and he was left with only 800 soldiers.
We must be like Judas who instead of giving up, prepared for the attack and trusted in the Lord. No matter what happened, he was ready to stand strong even against all odds. Sadly, Judas lost his life during the battle. However, he led with such bold conviction and strength that he inspired others to remain steadfast until ultimately peace was achieved. That is what we can do too, with God's help.
Lent begins this week. Take time to lead with conviction and invite someone to come pray with you at an abortion clinic. It's time to stand up for Christian values, especially the dignity of human life. See below for opportunities at clinics this month, especially during the 40 Days for Life campaign beginning tomorrow.
Governor's Race in Illinois:
NorthWest Families for Life is not a political organization, but when the attack on Life is as great as it is with two of the candidates for Governor, we cannot be silent. The good news is: There is a 100% pro-life candidate for governor, Jeanne Ives. There has been some controversy surrounding her lately which proves how formidable an opponent she is! Seek out the true information (like her voting record found here) about this faithful woman and do not judge her by any ad.
Jeanne personally had an experience of conceiving a child with a terminal diagnosis. She made the decision to refuse abortion and carried the baby to term with dignity. You can read Jeanne Ive's powerful testimony of continuing her pregnancy here. Jeanne will fight against HB 40 (taxpayer funding of abortion). She is a strong proponent of Christian values and will not play "Chicago" political games. Please vote for Jeanne Ives in the primary on March 20. Stand strong by displaying a yard sign. You can get one and read more about Jeanne's campaign here. We need to get out the word that Illinois has a real choice for governor!
News from January vigils in Wood Dale:
** During the month of January, we estimate that 78 mothers chose to have their child killed and taken from them at Advantage Health Care.
** However, we were blessed to witness 2 SAVES in January!
- The one couple did not stop to talk but drove off smiling.
- The other save was of a young woman in her 20's who came with her mother to abort her child. On their way into the clinic, the young woman covered her eyes so as not to see the posters being held by the prayer warriors. After about 30 minutes inside they came out and pulled out. Two of our prayer warriors met them at the exit. The mother told them she would help her daughter with her grandchild. The young woman had a smile on her face and tears in her eyes. Both women were thankful and accepted the gift bag of information offered, which included a pair of adorable baby socks! Please pray for this young mother and her mother.
** One of our longtime prayer warriors, Mary, lost her battle to cancer at the beginning of February. We ask that you would prayerfully consider honoring her memory by taking her place. We are in great need of prayer warriors on Tuesdays between 9:00 - 11:00 am. Contact Maria: NWFL526@gmail.com or Laura: 847-651-4877.
Pray for These Abortion Employees
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of 3 suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- Eugene: Orderly/POC. We believe POC stands for “Product of Conception,” which is how abortion clinics refer to babies. This job may require him to reassemble the aborted babies’ precious bodies to make sure no parts were left inside the mother.
- *Unknown employee who took an Abby Johnson letter last week.