A few weeks ago, a man brought his girlfriend to the clinic. She hustled in without a look our way, but he remained outside. We began talking to him, offering him hope, telling him of all the help available and the reality of the child in the womb. He told us that we were "wasting" our time. Those of you have stood in prayer at an abortion clinic I'm sure would passionately disagree. Every time we are out there God shows us in ways big and small that the sacrifice matters. Like the time last week that we were able to counsel a construction worker who didn't realize abortion was wrong despite being Catholic. Or the couple who spoke very little English and were referred to the clinic for an ultrasound. Our prayer warriors explained that this was not a safe place for their baby and brought them to Care Net for a free, safe ultrasound instead! Or the teen walking by on his way to football camp who stopped to offer us a donation. Then there's the fellowship of praying alongside people of all faiths for a common cause. Finally, there's the overwhelming sense of peace in knowing that you are working as a partner of God. Unfortunately, the story of the man does not end happily, but maybe a seed was planted by the kindness we showed him. No matter what you do for God, big or small, it is never a "waste."
News from July and August vigils in Wood Dale:
** During the month of July, we estimate that 66 boys and girls were killed at Advantage Health Care.
** There were, however, 2 SAVES in July!
- One was an Indian couple who told the prayer warriors that they decided not to do it.
- The second was an Hispanic couple who went in but left before Dr. Goyal arrived!
** We continue to pray for and attempt to connect with the abortion employees. A newer employee was willing to take one of the Abby Johnson letters offering hope and a way out of this place of death. We haven’t seen the woman since then and the last few weeks we haven’t seen the car either! We pray that God inspired her to find a life-affirming job or even seek help through “And Then There Were None.”
** We were encouraged to see the rare instance of a man fighting for his child’s life. A couple in their early 30’s with a rosary hanging on the rearview mirror pulled into the lot but just sat in the car talking for almost an hour. During that time, the group prayed fervently and our sidewalk counselor approached the car and saw the man’s face wet with tears. The woman, however, shouted at the counselor to go away. When the man confirmed that he wanted to keep the baby, the woman yelled at him to roll up the window. Sadly, he could not get through to her and she went inside to kill their other children’s brother or sister. Please pray for this man who fought and lost for his child’s life.
** During the month of August, we estimate that 76 of God’s precious, innocent children lost their lives before they had a chance to be born.
** However, we were blessed to witness 8 SAVES in August! This is the highest we’ve ever seen in one month. Praise God!
- A young man in his early 20's was pacing in the parking lot as his girlfriend came in and out of the clinic. All the while, Laura offered them information about Care Net and all of the emotional and physical support available to them. They would not engage. Finally, Laura told him to be a hero for his child and get his girlfriend out of there. Much to her surprise, that is exactly what he did. They came out quickly and left!
- On that same Thursday, soon after the first couple left, a young black woman came out to her car to talk to her father who was waiting for her in the car. Laura called out a message of hope again. A little while later the two of them left the clinic smiling and gave Laura a thumbs up when she asked if she was keeping the baby.
- On Saturday, August 13, there were 3 saves! There was much rejoicing in heaven and on earth that day and we continue the praise.
** Unfortunately, not all children were as lucky. A grandmother brought her 20-something year old granddaughter to abort her child, the grandmother’s great-grandchild! The grandmother explained to us that the young woman already had 2 children and did not want another because she is “going through a tough time.” Sadly, this woman’s times are only going to get tougher after the abortion as so many women suffer devastating effects, physical (infertility, breast cancer, uterus cancer, hemorrhaging), emotional (depression, suicidal thoughts, drug/alcohol abuse, eating disorders, guilt, flashbacks, panic attacks), and spiritual (loss of faith, feelings of unforgiveness and unworthiness of God’s love). If you or someone you know has experienced the pain of abortion, please let them know there is hope and healing: www.HopeAfterAbortion.com.
** Are you feeling called to join a prayer vigil at a clinic but nervous to take that first step? Please email or call us. We were once just like you! We would love to offer information, advice, and support. Maria: NWFL526@gmail.com or Laura: 847-651-4877.
Pray for These Abortion Employees
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of Wood Dale and 3 other suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- Eugene: Orderly/POC. We believe POC stands for “Product of Conception,” which is how abortion clinics refer to babies. This job may require him to reassemble the aborted babies’ precious bodies to make sure no parts were left inside the mother.