The prophet Isaiah never had the chance to see his prophecy fulfilled during his lifetime, but each one of us has been blessed to see with our own eyes the wonders of God through His only Son Jesus Christ. Blessed are we who continue to rejoice in His birth!
As we begin the new year, let's take a few minutes to meditate on and marvel at the images of Jesus Isaiah presents, "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace." Consider each title for Jesus and how we can reach out to Him. He is a counselor - Go to Jesus for advice. He is mighty - There's nothing He can't do through you. He is your eternal Father - Trust in and rest in God's fatherly love for you as His beloved child. He is the Prince of Peace - Seek His will and feel the peace it brings today and always.
Wishing you a blessed and Happy New Year!
Rejoicing in another year of praying and working together with you
for an end to abortion!
Laura and Maria
News from November and December vigils in Wood Dale:
** During the month of November, we estimate that 60 children died inside Advantage Health Care.
** However, we were blessed to witness a remarkable woman choose LIFE! Shonda and her boyfriend arrived at the clinic from the south side of Chicago. He wanted her to kill their child. Shonda has children already and did not want to kill this one. As sidewalk counselors and prayer warriors watched, prayed, and called out, Shonda and her boyfriend talked in the car. Then they went into the clinic only to come out and talk again. The boyfriend became aggressive yelling at Shonda until he finally got in the car and left her alone outside the clinic. Quickly, we rushed to her side. Shonda gratefully accepted the brochures we offered. She wanted to get home as soon as possible, so Kate walked her to the train station and sent her off with her baby safe. Please pray for Shonda that she may continue to protect her child and get free from the aggressive boyfriend.
** During the month of December, we estimate that 58 women paid to have someone rob them of God's precious gift of new Life.
** SIX of these deaths occurred on Christmas Eve. Yes, the clinic was open, and yes, the abortionist Dr. Vinod Goyal was taking lives on the eve of Christ's birth. Please pray fervently for Dr. Goyal to have a conversion. This is a season of miracles.
** Several women throughout the month took a Project Rachel brochure. One Hispanic woman about 30 years old accepted a brochure through tears while climbing into a huge Cadillac. We don't know if the tears were because of a forced abortion or the weight of her loss pressing on her. Either way, please pray for her and all the women who suffer from the trauma of abortion. Every abortion claims at least two victims, the mother and child.
** God is good and allowed us to witness His power through FOUR lives saved in December!
- The first was early in December. A couple from Wisconsin left well before the doctor arrived.
- A week later another life was saved when Roy showed 2 Hispanic women the truth about abortion through a graphic image of baby who lost his life to abortion. Although the women did not speak much English and Roy not much Spanish, the powerful image opened their eyes and gave them conviction to leave.
- During one of the Empty Manger Caroling days at Wood Dale we saw another couple choose Life. When I arrived, the group there had been praying and singing Christmas carols as 5 couples went in. No one even stopped to talk, much less take any life-saving materials from them. Yet, we continued to sing and pray. At about 10:00 am, a black couple came out of the clinic. This is well before most post-abortive women leave, so we were hopeful as we approached the car. "We're having a baby! We changed our minds," the woman called out joyfully. Another sidewalk counselor and I met them at the driveway exit to give them a pair of purple handmade booties (We think it's a girl!) and a business card for CareNet in case they need any help. With a big smile on his face, the man told us, "Thank you. You're doing a great job!"
- Just this morning another couple chose Life. They are Hispanic and the man was near tears when Ina, one of our sidewalk counselors and founder of Brazil 4 Life (www.Brazil4Life.org), gave them a pair of beautiful handmade booties. Ironically, it seems like the clinic escorts hired to usher women into the clinic may have unwittingly been part of this save. As the clinic escort (ICAT) approached the couple, they appeared upset by her. Praise God for His mercy!
** Another young couple received a pair of booties. They arrived late and told us they were not seeking an abortion. However, we hear this a lot and it is often not true. Blessedly, in this case it was! They came out joyfully after an ultrasound confirmed her pregnancy. I encouraged them to find a better doctor and they happily accepted a pair of booties with a soccer ball sewed onto them!
** Could you be part of NorthWest Families for Life's mission? Please email or call us. We would love to welcome you at a vigil on any Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday. Maria: NWFL526@gmail.com or Laura: 847-651-4877.
Pray for These Abortion Employees
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of 3 suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- Eugene: Orderly/POC. We believe POC stands for “Product of Conception,” which is how abortion clinics refer to babies. This job may require him to reassemble the aborted babies’ precious bodies to make sure no parts were left inside the mother.