Bearing public witness to the truth about abortion is difficult in today's culture of "my body, my choice." People don't want to hear the truth that abortion kills children. They don't want to see the broken bodies or acknowledge that abortion stops a beating heart. They don't want to hear the truth that abortion leaves women and men emotionally, physically, and spiritually devastated. People deny the truth that there is only one God who created each human being, unique, unrepeatable, and, above all, loved.
Yet, we have been called. We know the truth. This is why we "must put off falsehood and speak truthfully" to our neighbor, not from a place of superiority or righteousness, but from a place of love. Because if we are all members of one body, then what hurts one, hurts us all. In the same way, what helps one member is a blessing to the entire body of Christ.
News from May and June vigils at the Wood Dale Abortion Clinic:
** This past May and June, we estimate that 148 babies were killed and taken from their mothers' wombs at Advantage Health Care.
** These children did not die unloved thanks to the faithful prayer warriors and sidewalk counselors who joined us these past two months as a public sign of the truth that each and every baby is a child of God created in His image.
** Their mothers and fathers also saw the visible sign of God's love as we passed out Project Rachel brochures to them after abortions.
** We have a special Saturday prayer warrior, Mary, who ministers to these broken post-abortive women and men at the Wood Dale clinic Saturdays from 10:30 am - 12:00 noon. Almost always by herself! Here are a few of her recent stories:
- "A girl, Carolina, drove up about 11:30 and I asked if she was there to pick up someone who was having an abortion. She said she was coming for a check-up because she had an abortion 2 weeks ago. She said she had to do it because the male had left her and she didn’t have any means to support the child. I gave her the project Rachel pamphlet. I explained our Illinois Safe Haven law to her but she said she could never have given up the child for adoption but someday she wants to be a good mother. She was still a bit weepy about it. I told her God would forgive her and asked if she went to any church. She said she had stopped going and asked if there was a church nearby. I told her how to get to Holy Ghost because she said she was Catholic. I again repeated God would forgive her but don’t do it again. She said her brother brought her last week and her parents are in Argentina and she is doing Community service work at a place that feeds the homeless. She said she was 4 weeks pregnant. I have her name on my prayer list and hope she seeks forgiveness. She said she was glad she came to keep the appt. and was able to talk to me."
- "One girl came out leaning on her female companion and was crying. I was able to give the pamphlet to the companion. Another girl came out, embraced her male companion, and was kind of weepy. She took the pamphlet from me.
- God even blessed Mary with a late save last Saturday! "A group of people came out of the clinic and were having a discussion for at least 45 minutes. There was a woman, a man, and 3 girls. The woman and man seemed to be at a distance from the 3 girls, but every now and then they went over to the 3 girls who were now sitting on the curb very near the front door. I tried to tell them I had help and held out my resource of alternative places and phone numbers. I felt so frustrated that I couldn’t offer my alternatives but finally they all walked to their car. They said they weren’t going ahead with the abortion! I said Thank God and gave them the resource paper. I don’t know if the woman was the mother and the 2 other girls sisters or friends of the one very fragile teen ager who was teary eyed and of very slight build, under 100 pounds. The man took my brochure and I asked the girl her name. It is Alyssa. I said I would pray for her.
I was so grateful that God let me see that they walked away because I would have felt so guilty if I hadn’t been brave enough to go right up to them and offer the resources." God bless you, Mary!
** Mary could use a prayer buddy during the 10:30 am - 12:00 noon time on Saturdays. Would you consider joining her in this most vital ministry to post-abortive women and men? If yes, contact us at NWFL526@gmail.com and I'll connect you.
** There were at least 2 more SAVES that we know of in the last two months.
- Ina (founder of Brazil 4 Life) sidewalk counsels with her beautiful Brazilian accent. She spoke to a young man who brought a friend, Teri, for an abortion. Teri was already inside and the man was leaving when Ina got him to stop and talk. She convinced him to call Teri and get her out... and he did! Teri was all smiles as she thanked Ina for her help. She is 6 weeks pregnant. We must pray now for both her and her child.
- We believe another woman chose LIFE on a Thursday in June. We do not have specific details but the couple, who had a child in the back seat, left smiling at us before the doctor arrived. God is good!
** We have noticed a blue MIMIT sign on Advantage's door and the same one on Dr. Goyal's clinic in Glen Ellyn. This stands for the Midwest Institute of Minimally Invasive Therapies (www.themimit.com) which is operating out of these two abortion clinics, allowing the Glen Ellyn clinic to stay open and providing more income for the abortionist.
- Can you make a phone call to MIMIT? What if many pro-life people called MIMIT asking about their Wood Dale and Glen Ellyn offices and then told the person that they could never go to an abortion clinic for any procedure? Perhaps MIMIT would leave this partnership for fear of losing business! If you are the type of bold person who might be interested in helping in this way, email or call us and we'll get you started. 847-651-4877
** Are you feeling called to bear public witness to the truth? Join us on any Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday in Wood Dale. You do not have to interact with the people entering or leaving. Simply standing in prayer is enough. Please feel free to call us (847-651-4877) if you would like more information about what standing vigil is all about or look on-line at www.NorthWestFamiliesForLife.weebly.com.