The word “awesome” gets tossed around and overused all the time, but when it comes to God and the truly awesome things He has done, there is no other word that even comes close to describing!
We got confirmation today that Forest View Medical Center is closed – PERMANENTLY! The street sign and the sign on the building were both turned around yesterday, Monday, April 14. Every door sports a bright yellow sign stating, “Forest View Medical Center CLOSED.” When someone called the number on the sign, they were told that indeed Forest View was closed for good. Praise God!
We don’t have all of the information yet, but we do know that God is awesome beyond all knowing. The timing is also awesome - to begin this Holiest of Weeks when we remember how God sent His only Son to suffer and die for us. The closing of this place of death serves as a tangible reminder of Jesus’ victory over death and His unfailing goodness to those who are faithful (even throughout one of the coldest, longest winters on record!). Yes, to God alone be the glory. Let His praises be ever on our lips!
God relied on each of you to be His hands and feet, so there are many people who share in this joyful day:
- If you ever stood with us on a Thursday for vigil, shout for joy.
- If you walked in one of our Marches for Life in Palatine, give thanks!
- If you joined us for our Jericho March where we prayed for the permanent closure of Forest View not quite one year ago on May 4, 2013, blow a trumpet!
- Even if all you did was read our email updates and send up prayers, praise God!
This week we have all have been given a pat on the back from our Father and a surge from the Spirit to keep fighting for LIFE!
So, what now?
- - We will not be at Forest View this Thursday, but we will be there on Friday for the Way of the Cross prayer service. Here’s a map to get there: http://northwestfamiliesforlife.weebly.com/vigil-schedule.html . Parking in the Forest View lot shouldn’t be a problem, but just in case, you can park in the connecting lot in front of the 2720 River Rd. building (white with columns).
- - We will now turn our attention to another one of abortionist Dr. Goyal’s 5 remaining clinics: Advantage in Wood Dale.
- - We are not yet sure if our vigil schedule will stay the same but will keep you posted.
- - One thing that is for sure is that we will not stop until all women are protected and all children are safe in their mothers’ wombs.
Yes, we WILL STILL be hosting a special Way of the Cross prayer service this Good Friday at Forest View. We would love to gather our NorthWest Families for Life family together one last time at Forest View, so please join us! It will be a most special time of remembering the many victims of abortion, while offering thanksgiving that no more women, children, or men will have to suffer there ever again.
Looking for another location for a Good Friday Service?
#4-7 are four of the remaining five of Dr. Goyal’s clinics.
1. Aurora: Planned Parenthood, New York Street and Oakhurst Drive, 10:00 a.m.
2. Chicago: Albany Medical/Surgical Center, 5086 N. Elston Ave, 5:00 p.m. (preceded by the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 4:30 p.m.)
3. Des Plaines: Forest View Medical Center, 2750 S. River Road, 10:00 a.m.
4. Downers Grove: Access Health Center, 1700 75th Street, 10:00 a.m.
5. Glen Ellyn: Aanchor Health Center, 1186 Roosevelt Road, 9:30 a.m.
6. Hinsdale: ACU Health Center, 736 N. York Road, 10:00 a.m.
7. Wood Dale: Advantage Clinic, 203 Irving Park Rd, 9:00 a.m.
For more information and a link to maps: http://prolifeaction.org/hotline/2014/goodfriday2014/#tools
John Jansen of the Pro-Life Action League was kind enough to write a blog post detailing the timeline of our 4-year effort at Forest View here: http://prolifeaction.org/hotline/2014/forestviewclosed/#more-37729 You can also see a picture of the CLOSED sign for yourself!