So Ananias departed and entered the house, and after laying his hands on him said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road by which you were coming, has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” Acts 9:17
Saul mercilessly persecuted the early Christians. He believed that he was justified in doing so. The Jewish Christians were acknowledging a man as the Messiah who had endured one of the most shameful type of deaths. It simply couldn’t be true, he thought. Saul believed this was heresy, based on all he had long been taught to believe, and that he needed to “right” this wrongful belief, sometimes by killing. However, God had great plans for Saul. He knocked him off his horse and blinded him. Then God sent Ananias who bravely went to Saul to help him regain his sight and send Saul, now Paul, on a path of spreading the Good News.
There is a strong parallel between Saul and those who work at the abortion clinics. Many employees believe that what they are doing is right and indeed “helpful” to women. They have been told for a long time that this is a woman’s right. Many of the women who work in the clinics are post-abortive themselves and seek to justify their own “right” by helping others make the same choice they did. They are blind to the truth that abortion harms not only tiny innocent human children, but also the women and men involved in the abortion. They are blind to God’s plan for Life. They are also often blind to those of us who stand outside the clinic offering love and acceptance, never judgment. That is why we stand at the clinics. God sends us, like He sent Ananias, so that they may regain their sight and “be filled with the Holy Spirit.” Just like Saul, it is our prayer that these workers will become the strongest voices for LIFE! Please pray for the employees and abortionists. See below for news of employees quitting!
News about Forest View’s Closure
We have gotten results back from a FOIA report and also spoken to one of the former Forest View employees and found out the following:
1. Forest View will NOT be reopening as an abortion clinic.
2. The building is still owned by abortionist Vinod Goyal who will be remodeling and opening a cosmetic center called Apollo. They will provide services like laser hair removal, acne treatment, chemical peels, etc.
3. Carmen, the cashier from Forest View, has quit! Praise God!
4. Samantha, the employee who was one of the first to speak with us when we began praying at Forest View 4 years ago this month, has quit! Praise God!
5. Jessica, a newer employee whom I spoke to a few weeks ago at Wood Dale, would like to leave her job too. She has an Abby Johnson letter. Please pray for her specifically.
6. We do not have a definitive reason for Forest View’s closure; however, if it had been a profitable abortion clinic, Goyal would most likely not be going through the expense and trouble of changing it. Of course, there is one other possibility; could Dr. Goyal be hearing the call of God? All we know for certain is that no one is beyond God’s reach, just ask Saul. Pray!
VIGIL OPPORTUNITIES FOR THIS WEEK
With the closure of Forest View, the days and times of abortions, and therefore vigils, at some of Dr. Goyal’s 4 suburban clinics are changing. Here are the vigil times. Please let us know if there are any corrections:
Downers Grove (Access Health, 1700 75th St.)
- Mondays, 7:00 am – 8:30 am
- Thursdays and Fridays, 7:00- 8:00 am
- Saturdays, 5:30 am – 11:00 am
Hinsdale (ACU, 736 N. York Rd.)
- Tuesdays, 7:15 am – 8:30 am
Glen Ellyn (Aanchor Medical, 186 Roosevelt Rd.)
- Wednesdays, 8:00 am – 10:00 am
- Saturdays, 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Wood Dale (Advantage, 203 E. Irving Park Rd.)
- Thursdays, 7:00 am – 1:00 pm with NorthWest Families for Life
* Important: God is blessing our efforts, and so Illinois Choice Action Team (ICAT) has been sending escorts to Wood Dale to try to stop counselors from offering women a real choice. If you encounter these escorts, please be kind and courteous, but do not engage. Stay in prayer.
- Fridays, 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Saturdays, TBD. We had interest in a Saturday Forest View vigil and will now be focusing on Wood Dale. If you already responded that you are interested in Saturday vigils, we will get back to you. If you are interested but have not yet responded, let us know! Thanks!
News from the last threeThursday vigils:
** On Thursday, April 10, we estimate that EIGHT children were killed at Forest View Medical Center.
** This was just 2 days before Forest View officially closed its doors forever and God blessed us with one last save at Forest View! A young woman in her early 20’s, Leslie, came with her friend Josie for an RU486 abortion (read about this abortion-causing drug: http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/ru486/). One of the sidewalk counselors, Anna Marie, offered her a free ultrasound and stressed that she should take more time to think about this crucial decision. Leslie still went into Forest View. However, Anna Marie had asked for her cell number and began texting her while she was inside. Hours later a tearful Leslie came out and said she didn’t go through with it! Glory be to God! Last we heard, Anna Marie was going to accompany her to the Women’s Center for an ultrasound.
** On Thursday, April 24, our first vigil at Wood Dale, we estimate that FOUR women chose to end the life of their own child.
** This is the day that I found out Samantha is quitting. She was outside and happily told me, “Two weeks!” explaining that she had given her two-weeks notice. I told her that God loves her and we’d be praying for her to find the right job. She gave me a big smile!
** On Thursday, May 1, we estimate that FOUR babies died at the hands of “doctor.”
** A family, mom, dad, and two children, arrived around 10:00. This is late for an abortion as most are in by 7:30 am. When I approached the mother, Paola, she was very open to talking to me. It turns out that she had no intention of aborting but was there for an ultrasound. We know that some of Dr. Goyal’s clinics are listed on the Blue Cross/ Blue Shield website and we are wondering if that is how Paola came to Wood Dale. Despite my urging to find a safe place for her and her baby, Paola went into the clinic, but not without a pair of pink booties and information about the nearby crisis pregnancy center, Care Net (www.carenetdupage.com/). Keep this family in your prayers.
Pray for These Wood Dale Employees
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of Wood Dale and 3 other suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- *Lisette: “Health Educator,” sister of Samantha. We are not sure if Lisette will be quitting too!
- Eugene: Orderly/POC. We believe POC stands for “Product of Conception,” which is how abortion clinics refer to babies. This job may require him to reassemble the aborted babies’ precious bodies to make sure no parts were left inside the mother.
* starred have a copy of the Abby Johnson letter. You can print a copy of the letter here:www.attwn.org/wp-content/themes/attwn-child/images/attwn-onepage-lightbackground.pdf.
Our vigil update writer: