This Scripture reminds us that every family "derives its name" from God the Father. We all belong to Him and are united as his children. As we enjoy summer, we pray that you are finding more opportunities to spend time with your families and children to encourage one another in living in God's light. For this, we offer a prayer from Plough.com, a Christian publishing company:
Lord our God, you are our Father, and we human beings know that our innermost hearts belong to you. Hold us firmly through your Spirit, we pray, so that we do not live on the level of our lower natures but remain true to the calling you have given us, the high calling to what is eternal. May all our experiences work in us for good, bringing us the joyful certainty that you rule us with your Spirit, that you further the good everywhere in the world and make more and more people sensitive to what is good, right, and perfect. Amen.
News from June vigils in Wood Dale:
** During the month of June, we estimate that 68 helpless children were killed at Advantage "Health Care."
** There were, however, 2 SAVES in June!
- Both were on the same Saturday, June 25. Thanks in part to a group from Mission San Juan Diego in Arlington Heights who has been faithfully praying on Saturdays starting at 6:30 am, sometimes with a group of 10 prayer warriors!
- The first save was when 2 women (possibly mother and daughter) came out of the clinic smiling, long before Doctor Vinod Goyal arrived to kill the babies.
- The second save was more dramatic. The group from Mission San Juan often walks along the sidewalk outside the clinic praying. However, Christina had a feeling that day that she should stand alone at the corner instead of joining the prayer procession. A woman from the clinic came walking up to her crying and repeating, "I didn't do it!" She spent time talking to Christina and hearing the good news of all the support available to her. We praise God for this woman, her baby, and Christina's faithfulness in listening to God.
** Could you help out at the Saturday morning vigil? We need prayer coverage from 9:30 - 11:00 am. After the great group from San Juan Diego leaves, a prayer warrior has been alone several Saturdays to offer comfort and counseling to the post-abortive women. Please prayerfully consider joining her in this vital ministry to these women who need our love after the abortion more than ever. For more info. on Project Rachel, a post-abortive healing ministry: www.hopeafterabortion.com
** A young man named RJ brought his girlfriend to the clinic to kill a child. When I offered help to him, his first question was, "Are you going to give us a place to live?" He was surprised to hear that the answer is YES, thanks to homes like The Well of Mercy (www.thewellofmercy.com), Heather's House (www.helpaidforwomen.org/residential), and Martha and Mary Maternity House (www.marthamarychicago.org). However, that was not really the problem I found out. He told me that his girlfriend cheated on him and so the baby is not his. At this point, I noticed that he clearly worked out and asked him about it. He said, "Yeah, I'm strong. I'm a boxer." That's when I tried to help him see that a real man's strength comes from inside. RJ politely thanked me and said he saw what I meant but could not change his girlfriend's mind. Please pray for all men to understand their God-given role as protector of women and children. There are websites specifically geared to helping men after abortion: www.menandabortion.net
** Summer is perfect for prayer vigils! Children welcome! We are considering extended our vigil hours to 12:00 noon, because we don't always see all of the women leave. We feel it is so important to reach these post-abortive women who so desperately need a caring face and offer of post-abortive healing when they exit the clinic. Please email or call if you can offer time at any time of the vigil, 6:30 am - 12:00 pm. Maria: NWFL526@gmail.com or Laura: 847-651-4877.
Pray for These Abortion Employees
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of Wood Dale and 3 other suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- Eugene: Orderly/POC. We believe POC stands for “Product of Conception,” which is how abortion clinics refer to babies. This job may require him to reassemble the aborted babies’ precious bodies to make sure no parts were left inside the mother.