“This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
I couldn’t help but think this joyfully as I looked out on the energetic crowd of almost 500 who gathered last Saturday in Palatine for the first-ever NorthWest Families March for Life. God blessed us with warmer weather and even sunshine as we reached the plaza. It felt as if God was smiling on us, and I know He was.
THANK YOU to each and every one of you who came to bear witness to LIFE.
We especially want to thank -
- Our wonderful speakers: Carol Rybacki, Jim Sable, and Joe Scheidler
- Those who led us in prayer: Bishop George Rassas and Scott Phelps
- The many Knights of Columbus
- Our generous, anonymous donors
- Countless people who donated their time and energy to make the march a success.
You can view a video of the March: http://vimeo.com/57767279 Thank you to Chris Iverson of “Prevail: Prolife Events & Activities of IL” Facebook page for creating this beautiful video.
Read an article about the March in the Daily Herald: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130119/news/701199889/ Despite the fact that the reporter was biased against life referring to us as “anti-abortion” and including quotes from Planned Parenthood, she did include some good quotes from the moving speakers of the day.
View photos of the March at our website. Click on the “March for Life” tab at the top of the home page.
Finally, if you missed the March, we have created a handout called “40 Ways You Can Embrace the Gift of Life.” It has many ideas for doing “something new” for Life this year. Even if you were there, the handout has been revised, so be sure to check it out! (on this website under "easy ways to further the Pro-life cause")
After 40 years of Roe v. Wade, you will be part of a renewed call to LIFE.
UPDATE ON SAVES
- Kathy, a young woman who chose LIFE last July at Forest View, gave birth last Friday to a beautiful baby girl, Kylee Elise. In a text Kathy writes, “I’m feeling great and very happy J.” Thank you, God! He has plans for this little girl’s life known only to Him. We will share pictures when we can.
- Speaking of pictures, we received a Christmas card from Kim and Josh (a couple who chose Life Feb. 2012 at Forest View). Their daughter Khylie was born Sept. 18 and what a cutie she is! Consider how different each person’s life would be right now if they had made a different “choice.” Praise be to God!
News from the last two Thursdays’ Forest View vigils:
** On Thursday, January 10, we estimate that EIGHT babies lost their lives at Forest View.
** One young man stopped to talk to me on the way out after dropping his girlfriend off for an abortion. Chris told me that he was against the abortion, but it was her decision. No matter how I tried to empower him, he left feeling powerless to save his child. We need to pray for men to accept their God-given duty to protect women and children, like Joseph did for Mary and Jesus.
** One couple chose LIFE! They pulled into the parking lot but sat in the car for about ½ an hour talking. Blessedly, they were parked facing the sidewalk where we stood praying and holding up signs of “free help” for the couple to see. Finally, they left! The man gave us a big thumbs-up and smile and accepted a brochure about the Women’s Center. The woman seemed distraught but we called to her, “God loves you!” Praise God! Please pray that this couple’s hearts may be filled with hope and peace.
** On Thursday, January 17, we estimate that SIX women made a “choice” that they will never forget.
** One man spoke to our 7:00 am counselor, Terry. He told Terry that he is Catholic, but he and his wife already have 3 kids and can’t afford a 4th. When Terry brought up adoption, the man said that his wife had “medical problems.” Sadly, nothing Terry said could break through this man’s wall. We must pray for this whole family to seek healing. The siblings have been robbed of their little sister or brother.
** We pray at Forest View (2750 S. River Rd, Des Plaines) every Thursday to offer help to the women and men who arrive between 7:00 am and 10:00 am. We stay and pray while the abortionist, Dr. Goyal, takes the lives of the children from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. We are there until 1:00 pm as the women are leaving to offer hope to them. Could you come for even a half hour? You would be such a blessing!
Our vigil update writer: