"If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen." (1 Peter 4:11)
We have much to praise God for every day, but today we praise Him even more as we celebrate the 552 babies saved worldwide during the 40 Days for Life campaign that concluded last Sunday and thepermanent closure of the notorious late-term abortion mill, Albany Medical Surgical, as of October 17. Ann and Joe Scheidler of the Pro-Life Action League had been praying and sidewalk counseling there for over 25 years with so many faithful pro-life friends. They served God with the strength, that only He could provide, to share in His victory. You can see Ann and Joe talking about this here: Albany closing You can also read an article here listing the events leading up to the closing, including their license having been revoked in March while they continued to operate. God hears and answers prayer! So be encouraged to serve God, trusting that He will provide you with the strength to do all He has planned for you. "To Him be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen!"
News from vigils in Wood Dale:
** In October, we estimate that 74 innocent lives were taken at their own mothers' request at Advantage Health Care in Wood Dale.
** There are more reasons for praise as we witnessed 3 saves during October!
- Two sisters came to the clinic. Maria told us that her sister was considering abortion because she is 37 with 4 children and considers herself too old to have a baby. Maria was pleased to take all of the information we provided to her sister and they left without having an abortion!
- A couple sat in the car in the abortion mill parking lot for a half an hour. During that time, the man appeared to be arguing with the woman. Also during that time, faithful prayer warriors stood in view praying and holding signs offering life-saving help. The couple left and did not return!
- Another couple made a choice for Life as a prayer warrior kneeled in prayer in view of their car while the woman cried inside. The man in the car finally told the prayer warriors that "she changed her mind" when she saw them praying for her.
** Other women and men made a tragic choice for their growing children.
- Brenda came with her sister, Nancy, from Wisconsin. Brenda told us that Nancy has one child and doesn't want another. She hadn't told her husband that she is pregnant. Brenda said that she, personally, was against the abortion and took all of the information we offered. We can only pray that this family will find Jesus' healing power.
- Jerry is a 20 year-old Catholic man who was brought with his 19 year-old girlfriend to the clinic by his sister. Jerry cried as he told us that he wanted the baby but he said, "It's her body." When confronted by the fetal model of the baby's body, he could only shrug helplessly.
** We met a lovely woman, Maricella, from San Diego who was in town with her husband on business. She had no idea this was an abortion clinic. She found Advantage in the yellow pages in her hotel room and came for a pregnancy test hoping she would be pregnant with their 4th child. The employees at Advantage said they could not help her. She came out confused and talked with us. We explained that the only business they want is killing children. She asked us to pray that her family will indeed welcome a 4th child soon!
** The weather has been beautiful. Perfect for outdoor prayer! We are especially in need of prayer warriors on Tuesdays at 9:00 am and Thursdays at 7:00 am. No sidewalk counseling experience needed. All you need to do is stand in prayer and let God do the rest. Call or email us for more info: Laura 847-651-4877 or Maria firstname.lastname@example.org
Pray for These Abortion Employees
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of Wood Dale and 3 other suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- Sampath: Anesthesiologist, very friendly to us, always waves back and smiles
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- Eugene: Orderly/POC. We believe POC stands for “Product of Conception,” which is how abortion clinics refer to babies. This job may require him to reassemble the aborted babies’ precious bodies to make sure no parts were left inside the mother.
- Marcelino and Omar: We no longer see these 2 drivers of the "Medical Waste" truck that comes to the clinic every Tuesday morning. We pray that they refused to be part of the killing anymore! Unfortunately, there is now a new driver who will not speak to us.
* Starred have a copy of the Abby Johnson letter to clinic workers. You can print a copy of it here: www.attwn.org/wp-content/themes/attwn-child/images/attwn-onepage-lightbackground.pdf.
Our vigil update writer: