Jesus Christ is the manifestation on Earth of God's eternal love for us. The question is, "What will be my response to God's gift of love?" Will I love others with that same self-sacrificing love or will I only love those who love me or love when it is easy? In this Scripture, we find one of the best responses we can give when someone asks, "Why stand vigil at an abortion clinic?" We are compelled to be that continued outward sign of God's love on Earth, as Jesus was over 2000 years ago. Our love extends to the women, men, children, and workers who come to the clinic. Sometimes that love requires sacrifice from us because to love always requires action. What will be your action of love for others today? It could be as simple as a smile to a passer-by or text or call to someone who has been on your mind. Maybe it is speaking kindness instead of a comeback when someone speaks sharp words to us. Or maybe it is a bigger sacrifice of time to be part of one of the vigils or events listed in this update. Pray about it and let the Lord lead you.
Important Action Alert to Protect Conscience Rights
A dangerous bill has been passed both Illinois houses and now awaits Gov. Rauner's signature. SB 1564 requires healthcare providers, including employees of Crisis Pregnancy Centers, to refer patients to abortion clinics. Please contact Gov. Rauner as soon as possible to voice your concerns. You can find his number here and also sign a petition: http://illinoisrighttolife.org/protectmyconscience/ There is also more information at the website so you can speak to others with knowledge. We must not be silent. Those with the other perspective aren't!
News from April and May vigils in Wood Dale:
** During the month of April, we estimate that 67 babies were murdered by a man calling himself a "doctor."
** There were, however, 4 possible SAVES in April!
- Aisha told one of our counselors through tears that she "could not destroy human life." We thank God that her eyes were opened to the truth that even the tiniest newly conceived baby is still human.
- Two young women went into the clinic but came out only 10 minutes later to sit and talk in their car from about half an hour before leaving! We pray they found support to stay strong in the decision.
- An Hispanic couple found out they were having twins and decided to give them life! Our Spanish-speaking Saturday counselor was able to speak with them as they shared the good news with tears of joy.
** During the month of May, we estimate that 73 mothers paid to have the child within them killed, some of them the day before Mother's Day.
**One of these women is Alice. She told me that this was "not a choice." When I asked for clarification, she explained that she is the single mother of 5 children and can't afford more. Despite all of the resources available and the information she took, Alice went through with the abortion of her children's sibling. Please pray for Alice and especially her living children.
** One young woman, Bri, chose LIFE! The difference between Bri and many of the other women we see was a striking contrast in her openness. Bri was anxious to hear about all of the services that CareNet provides. She smiled when I told her I thought the baby was a boy and listened wide-eyed as I described the development of her son. She told me her boyfriend will support her decision to keep the baby. Bri's main concern was financial, so please pray that she avails herself of all the help there is for her.
** Summer is perfect for prayer vigils! Children welcome! We are considering extended our vigil hours to 12:00 noon, because we don't always see all of the women leave. We feel it is so important to reach these post-abortive women who so desperately need a caring face and offer of post-abortive healing when they exit the clinic. Please email or call if you can offer time at any time of the vigil, 6:30 am - 12:00 pm. Maria: NWFL526@gmail.com or Laura: 847-651-4877.
Pray for These Abortion Employees
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of Wood Dale and 3 other suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- Eugene: Orderly/POC. We believe POC stands for “Product of Conception,” which is how abortion clinics refer to babies. This job may require him to reassemble the aborted babies’ precious bodies to make sure no parts were left inside the mother.