This month enjoy a Reflection and Faith Challenge from "Sidewalk Advocates for Life." www.sidewalkadvocates.org
In the parable of the talents, Jesus was explaining the importance of being faithful in our service. While we may not all see the same results, we are asked to do the best we can and be faithful with what has been entrusted to us. We aren't measured by our results, but by our faithfulness in doing the best we can with what we are asked to do.
This has a direct parallel to our work in this ministry: The Lord doesn't call us to go out and "save 10 babies a week." We are called to take the love of Christ to women-in-need in front of abortion facilities and offer them hope, share the Truth, and to leave the results up to God.
Are we doing the best we can with what the Lord has entrusted us to do? A challenge for all of us to spend time in prayer, seeking the Lord and asking ourselves, Am I doing everything I can do, with what the Lord has entrusted me? How can I be more faithful in my service to him and what he has asked of me?
Shine your light, be faithful in what you can do, and leave the results up to God.
VIGIL OPPORTUNITIES FOR THIS WEEK
Vigil times for the three suburban abortion mills owned and operated by abortionist Vinod Goyal (also owns one in Chicago). For more Chicago-land vigils go to: http://northwestfamiliesforlife.weebly.com/vigil-schedule.html
Downers Grove (Access Health, 1700 75th St.)
- Mondays, 7:00 am – 8:30 am
- Thursdays and Fridays, 7:00- 8:00 am
- Saturdays, 5:30 am – 11:00 am
Glen Ellyn (Aanchor Medical, 186 Roosevelt Rd.)
- Wednesdays, 8:00 am – 10:00 am (Contact Carol: firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Saturdays, 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Wood Dale (Advantage Medical, 203 E. Irving Park Rd.)
- Tuesdays, 6:30 am – 11:00 am NorthWest Families for Life email@example.com
- Thursdays, 6:30 am – 11:00 am NorthWest Families for Life firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturdays 6:30 am – 11:00 am (Contact Claudia: email@example.com or Sandy:firstname.lastname@example.org )
News from vigils in Wood Dale:
** During the month of March, we estimate that 85 babies died inside the walls of Advantage Health Care in Wood Dale.
** ONE woman chose Life! Felix and Anna have 3 born children, but with Felix already working 7 am to 7 pm every day, they were worried about affording and being able to handle a fourth. But by the grace of God they listened to our sidewalk counselors and heard the good news that there is help available. Anna was crying as she made the decision to keep her baby. Felix then agreed. Please pray for this couple to reach out for help and feel the peace of trusting in God's will.
** One more woman chose Life on a Tuesday and we pray she stays committed to Life. She did not want to talk very much, but did say, "I didn't do anything today." We gave her information about CareNet located just down the block and pray this was another change of heart.
** Laura had an ironic encounter with a boyfriend who brought his girlfriend to kill their child. He angrily yelled at the prayer warriors, "Get a job!" We hear that one a lot and Laura loves to respond, "I already have one and my boss is a Jewish carpenter." :-) However, this time Laura asked the young man why he was so angry. He responded that he felt judged. Here is where the irony comes in; all Laura had done was offer help to this man, whereas he had judged her as a lazy person in need of work. Please pray that all will see those who pray at abortion clinics as the loving face of Jesus.
** We had a very powerful Stations of the Cross prayer service at the clinic in Wood Dale on Good Friday. Thank you to each of you who made it. Check our website for pictureswww.NorthWestFamiliesForLife.weebly.com. On the car ride home I had an interesting conversation with my children. We were discussing how many people driving by honked in support of our witness. Then my 13 year-old son mentioned that not all were happy with us and a few even yelled out the window, "Pro-choice!" Just as I was about to go into my "Blessed are you..." talk, my 8 year-old daughter piped up, "I think she yelled, 'Rejoice!'" I decided to just go with it. After all, the ability to hear joy over anger seems like a good thing to me!
** We are in need of early morning prayer support on Thursdays from 7:00 - 9:00 am. Our early morning Thursday sidewalk counselor has been alone several times lately. Please consider giving Ina the prayer support she needs. Please call if you would like to let us know you are coming and we will connect you to Ina. Laura: 847-651-4877 or email@example.com.
Pray for These Abortion Employees
- Nancy: Office manager and post-abortive woman
- Dr. Goyal: owner and operator of Wood Dale and 3 other suburban and 1 Chicago abortion mill
- *Marisela: Listed as “Medical Records,” She has been sarcastic to us in the past, often sent out to bring unsure women back in.
- Eugene: Orderly/POC. We believe POC stands for “Product of Conception,” which is how abortion clinics refer to babies. This job may require him to reassemble the aborted babies’ precious bodies to make sure no parts were left inside the mother.
* Starred have a copy of the Abby Johnson letter to abortion workers. You can print a copy of the letter here: www.attwn.org/wp-content/themes/attwn-child/images/attwn-onepage-lightbackground.pdf.